In 2017, I tweeted that I will be doing free sensitivity reading services for any writer. I got to work with a couple of authors on their manuscripts and found the job to be very fulfilling. This is why I am officially launching my sensitivity reading services.
What does a sensitivity reader do?
A sensitivity reader reads through a manuscript for issues of representation and for instances of bias on the page. The goal of a sensitivity reader isn’t to edit a manuscript clarity and logic, although that may be an additional service offered. A sensitivity reader reviews a manuscript for internalized bias and negatively charged language. A sensitivity reader is there to help make sure you do not make a mistake, but they are also NOT a guarantee against making a mistake.– Writing in the Margins
Areas of Expertise
- Muslim Representation
- Hijabi Representation
- Middle Eastern, Arabian Representation
- Egyptian, African Representation
- Chronic Pain Representation, Migraines, and Tension Headaches
- Mental Health Representation: Depression and Anxiety
- Pharmaceutical Information.
- Literary Fiction, Historical Fiction, Dystopian, Paranormal, Urban Fantasy, Science Fiction, Magical Realism, Retellings, and Contemporary for YA, NA, Adult, and MG.
- Erotic Novels will not be accepted!
The Full payment will be made in advance via PayPal. Amazon gift cards for a portion of the cost could be made.
To celebrate my sensitivity reading services launch, I am offering discounted rates for these 5 months: May, June, July, August, and September. You can book me during these months to schedule any future months as well.
Standard Rate for one area of expertise: 30$ + ( 0.0015 per word)
Discounted Rate for one area of expertise: 20$ + ( 0.001 per word)
Standard Rate for two or more areas of expertise: 45$ + (0.0025 per word)
Discounted Rate for two or more areas of expertise: 35$ + (0.002 per word)
- I reserve the right to reject requests.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write in the title of your message “SRS request.”
- Mention your manuscript’s title and a short blurb in the body of your email.
- You will receive a reply to your request in 1-3 business days. If I accept your manuscript, the total cost will be mentioned in the email.
- Once I’ve received the money, I will message you to send me a Words/Pages format of your book; as well as a Mobi format.
- You will get an editorial letter with my notes as well as on page notes in 4 weeks or less from the time I receive the manuscript.
- You’ll receive an evaluation forum with my editorial notes, where you may evaluate my services.
- A written testimonial from you would be highly appreciated.
- Please note that I am offering my services based on my own personal experiences, and my critiques may differ from others. Although I will aspire to point out any offensive, harmful, and inaccurate passages and ideas I see, I can’t guarantee that your book will be 100% free of problematic content. I highly recommend hiring more than 1 sensitivity reader to read and critique your work.
- I only accept finished/ edited manuscripts
- Partial manuscripts/ passage consultations are accepted.
- Payments are non-refundable.
- If I am unable to fulfill my work during the specified time because of a sudden emergency, a refund of the (unread words x applicable rate) will be made. The flat rate will not be refunded.
- If you have financial difficulties( unemployment, etc.), we can negotiate the price. Students get 15% off my standard rates if a proof is provided.
- I reserve the rights to critique the book/written piece once it is released.
- My name can’t be used to defend your work against any criticism you receive.
Till next time,
Please share this on your social media, or send it to someone who needs a sensitivity reader with my mentioned areas of expertise. Any type of support is highly appreciated.