I really enjoyed working on this annual series last year, so I have decided to do it again for 2018. Today, I will be sharing with you my favorite 18 books that I have read this year. If you want to check my review for any specific title, then feel free to click on its book cover.
N.B: The books are listed in Alphabetical Order.
- Brave Enough by Kati Gardner
2. Cogling by Jordan Elizabeth
Hypnosis, slavery, and the power of magical beings!
3. Down to Oath by Tyrolin Puxty
A story that will take you on a crazy ride, and leave you to ponder about the meaning of life.
4. Illusions by Madeline J. Reynolds
What a uniquely written, piece of heaven!
5. In Her Skin by Kim Savage
Babysitter Wanted meets The Roommate meets PLL!
6. Lie to Me by Natasha Preston
An emotional, romance infused read.
7. Noah the Narwhal: A Tale of Downs and Ups by Judith Klausner, Sarah Gould
An #OwnVoices picture book that Reps Chronic Pain, migraines to be more specific.
8. Of Captivity & Kings by E.Y. Laster
A storyline that is very captivating and rich in African culture!!!!!!
9. Part Star Part Dust by L.M Valiram
A story that will leave your heart and soul stuck in a Tug of War!
10. Prophecy of Darkness & Legacy of Light (Legends of the Tri-Gard #1 & #2) by Michelle Bryan, M. Lynn
#1: Although I would have been satisfied with reading this as a Merlin Retelling, this story is so much more than that.
#2: An emotional rollercoaster ride that will take you into the darkest alley of losing the people you love the most & learning how to survive the aftermath.
11. Spies, Lies, and Allies by Lisa Brown Roberts
I didn’t realize how much I missed Lisa’s writing until I started this book.
Spies, Lies, and Allies is a Contemporary Romance that focuses on Platonic Love such as friendships and familial relationships!
12. Star-Crossed by Pintip Dunn
A storyline that is very unique and weird and a bit hard to swallow.
13. Tess of the Road by Rachel Hartman
Tess’ story is raw and honest + has the spark of novelty, freshness, and necessity.
14. The Girl and the Grove by Eric Smith
Eric Smith has weaved a heartfelt Urban Fantasy that explores environmental activism, acceptance, family, and friendship!
15. The Girl in Between by Laekan Zea Kemp
A Mental Health book that hits close to home.
16. Toxic by Lydia Kang
Lydia Kang has spun a very unique Sci-Fi thriller that dwells on one’s troubling cogitations, and showcases brilliancy when it comes to worldbuilding.
17. Under-Rose Tainted Skies by Louise Gornall
Norah’s voice, and the actions of the people who love & support her are so unique & precious that I didn’t want this story to come to an end
18. We Own the Sky & Hurry Up, We’re Dreaming (The Muse Chronicles #1 & #2 ) by Sara Crawford
#1: Greek Mythology meets a story where inspiration and the love for art are personified.
#2: A fantastic sequel that focuses on rediscovering oneself and realizing that salvation comes from within.